10 Quick Tips for Buyers
back to Let’s Get Started
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage – this will help you determine what you can afford to buy
- Get a good faith estimate – this is the best way to compare lenders
- Choose a lender that you know and can trust
- Always ask if the loan has a pre-payment penalty. If it does, try to find a mortgage company that will not charge you a pre-payment penalty
- Know what you are looking for in a home such as number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, garage size, basement type, etc. – this will help you narrow down your search
- Make sure you find the right home for YOU.
- Understand the purchase agreement before signing.
- Always get a home inspection and plan to be at the home on the day of inspection.
- Review your HUD form before closing.
- If you have a question or don’t understand something, ask your Realtor!