Every smart homeowner knows that major – or even minor – remodeling projects should be undertaken with one eye on design and the other on the ROI. You want to be comfortable with whatever return on investment you receive for upgrading your home because, unfortunately, many upgrades won’t entirely recoup their cost upon sale. But the use you get out of the home with the upgrade might still make the construction worthwhile, regardless of the ultimate selling price.
Here’s the top 10 remodeling projects that provide the best return on investment nationally.
10. Add a family room – ROI 69.3%
9. Finish the Basement – ROI 70%
8. Add a two story addition – ROI 71.1%
7. Add a wood deck – ROI 71.5%
6. Replace the siding – ROI 76.4%
5. Replace the garage door – ROI 76.9%
4. Complete a minor kitchen remodel – ROI 80.2%
3. Install a manufactured stone veneer (instead of vinyl) – ROI 89.4%
2. Replace your entry door with a steel door – ROI 90.7%
1. Add fiberglass attic insulation – ROI 107.7%